Imagine, Design, Create
Genazzano FCJ College is excited to launch the Gen Art Academie, an initiative that builds on our reputation in the Visual Arts. Gen Art Academie provides opportunities for students, the community and interested parties to attend courses, experiences and workshops in art, craft and design. Our innovative facilities in the Visual Arts provide the perfect space for everyone to learn, create and innovate – providing all members of our community with access to visual arts experiences and training. We will present a regular program of high quality courses, workshops and experiences delivered by teachers, trained alumnae and specialists.
Short courses will be offered under these banners where students can experience fine arts, craft activities, design and accredited skills. The courses will run after hours during the week and on Saturday mornings.
Focusing on the Fine Arts and studio experiences, Salon is a pathway for students wishing to develop their skills in drawing, painting and folio development. Life models, still life subject matter and guided drawing and painting tasks are offered. Students will learn to depict proportions, perspective and control the placement of the figures and objects in space. Composition, mark-making, colour, texture, tone and contour will be developed in the work.
A qualified teacher will direct the course ensuring quality outcomes.
Code of Conduct in classes:
- Mobile phones are prohibited during class time (life drawing) and must be on silent at all other times.
- Students will be expected to remain silent and considerate when a model is posing (life drawing classes). Please focus on the task at hand and refrain from side-conversations.
- Students will be expected to demonstrate appropriate and respectful behaviour.
- Models are to be treated with the utmost respect and consideration at all times.
- Equipment and resources belonging to the College must be looked after and any damage may be subject to repair or replacement costs.
- Participants must stay in the designated classroom space unless otherwise specified by the instructor.
- Participants must not touch or disturb any work that has been completed by school students.
- There is no access to the Office area in the Art Department.