The idea of a Fathers’ Association was the inspiration of Sr Margaret Mary Kennedy. Following the tragic death of a member of the parent community, Sr Margaret Mary was concerned that the men of the Genazzano community did not have the personal networks needed in times of crisis.
The purpose of the GFA is to:
- Make a difference to, and enrich, the relationship between fathers and our daughters
- Contribute to the personal development of our daughters
- Nurture our daughters’ faith and spirituality in activities outside the classroom
- Build a strong and vibrant community of fathers who feel engaged with the association providing reward, recognition and fulfilment
- As fathers, care for each other in times of need
- Make a difference to the College community, through the leveraging of the fathers’ skills, knowledge, experience, resources and network
- Host corporate events that are engaging, enjoyable and result in a flow of funds to support the GFA activities and selected college priorities.
Getting involved with GFA events is fulfilling and rewarding, plus building friendships with other fathers is a lot of fun and is an opportunity to spend quality times with your daughters.
The GFA runs almost 30 events and activities each year and we are grateful for the assistance of numerous volunteers to help coordinate these events, with the support of the GFA Vice Presidents.
The GFA meet once a month during term time. Meetings are held on a Wednesday at 7.00pm in the College Boardroom, Wardell Building. The meetings are relaxed and brief, with refreshments. All are welcome to attend.
For more information, contact the GFA President, Frank Licciardello.